Shop

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

She Sells Sea Shells...

Star fish and sand dollar decorated sugar cookies make fun and delicious custom edible cookie favors for themed parties!

I'm unfortunately not by the sea shore, but I've made some cookies that can make you think you are!

I received a request from a wonderful customer who wanted beach-themed cookies for an event. She had a great basic idea of what she was looking for, and was kind enough to let me take the design from there.



These were so much fun to design and decorate! Even though it is swelteringly hot outside here, I didn't mind one bit. Just getting to play around with the calm palette of blues, greens, and creams had me on my Zen cloud. :)

It doesn't show up in the photos very well, but the sand dollar has a beautiful pearl sheen, thanks to CK Super Pearl luster dust. This stuff is my go-to tool for adding a touch of understated elegance to anything...especially sea shells!

I also have some conch shell cookies, but haven't edited those photos just yet. Hopefully those will be up in a companion post in the near future.

Finish off your look with this absolutely adorable packaging. Sugar "sand", using raw (demerara or turbinado) sugar. So cute! Tie it off with a sheer, light-as-a-feather ribbon and you're all set for a beach party or luau!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Announcements

Enter to win great stuff FREE at Elle Dee Design's 1500 Fan Celebration! I'm one of the sponsors! Over 30 great prizes! Giveaway open from July 21-July 28, 2011.